RIVER BASIN AND COASTAL ZONE MANAGEMENT DIVISION
|RIVER BASIN MANAGEMENT
Contributing towards the government's efforts in improving the quality of life of the people through the River Basin Management and Conservation Program in an efficient, comprehensive, and integrated manner. Main activities:
- Determination and compliance with policies, strategies, and guidelines in river management.
- Cooperate with each JPS Divisional Office in river restoration activities and river improvement projects; and
- Provide technical services for other agencies.
Providing expert services in Integrated River Basin Management (IRBM) including the formulation of policies and legislation and ensuring that the river basin is managed perfectly for the preservation of the quantity and quality of water resources; A clean, living and vibrant river. Main activities:
- Implement river restoration and preservation programs including solving the problem of riverbank erosion, restoring and improving the condition of the river.
- Implementation of IRBM throughout the State to support sustainable development including the study and preparation of IRBM plans; and
- Manage and store relevant river information and data.
|COASTAL ZONE MANAGEMENT
- Solve and/or reduce erosion problems through coastal protection works;
- Rehabilitation of river mouth for the purpose of providing better fishing navigation routes; and
- Prepare an Integrated Coastline Management Plan for the State of Sarawak to ensure sustainable development.
- Implement a coastal erosion plan for the protection of all coastal areas;
- Carry out rehabilitation works to improve river mouth categorized under critical conditions to facilitate navigation; and
- Provide technical services towards the implementation of coastal zone management.